Qetkra > Soluciones > Management Systems > FAQs ISO 9001
FAQs ISO 9001
1. What is ISO? Can ISO certify me directly?
ISO - International Organization for Standardization - is an organization that publishes norms that are recognized internationally by organizations, companies and consumers as a symbol of quality and trust.
ISO does not certify companies/organizations directly. Therefore, you will need to contact an independent Certification Organism to obtain ISO certification.
2. What is ISO 9001?
ISO 9001:2015 sets out the criteria for building a Quality Management System for a company or organization. It is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. It is the only standard in the family that can be certified to. It can be used by any organization, large or small, regardless of its field of activity.
3. Does Qetkra provide consultancy?
Even though we will help you with everything we can, Qetkra is an Accredited Certification Organism. As such, we cannot provide consultancy, because there would be a conflict of interest if we had to certify the work we had done for you.
4. Do we need a consultant to implement ISO 9001?
Although some of ur clients choose to have external consultants to help them comply with ISO 9001 requirements, many clients achieve the certification without external help.
5. In addition to certification, can Qetkra offer other services?
Yes, we can help you with:
We answer your questions and provide support during the whole process. Contact us.
We can perform a pre-audit of your company.
We can perform a GAP analysis of your company.
6. What differentiates an accredited from a non accredited organism?
ISO recommends: utilizar un organismo que utilice los estándares CASCO y que esté acreditado, ya que esto demuestra que el organismo de certificación a utilizar por la empresa ha sido evaluado por otro organismo externo, garantizando su competencia.
Check if the certification body uses the relevant CASCO standard. Qetkra uses them.
Check if the Certification Organism is accredited. Accreditation is not compulsory, but it does provide independent confirmation of competence. Qetkra is accredited by the Argentine Accreditation Organism (OAA - Organismo Argentino de Acreditación ), member of the International Accreditation Forum (IAF).
7. Can I transfer my certification from another organism/a non accredited organism to Qetkra?
Transferring your certification from any organism to Qetkra is easy and you can do it at any time.
8. How long will my ISO 9001 certification last?
Your certification will last for 3 years. In parallel, you will have annual surveillance audits.
9. Our company has been certified by another organism, can Qetkra do the annual surveillance audits?
Yes, it is very straightforward. Contact us.
10. Do I have to sign a 3 year contract with Qetkra?
No. We think that we provide a great service and hope that you will keep choosing us.
11. We have been ISO 9001:2008 certified by another organism, can we transition to ISO 9001:2015 with Qetkra?
Yes, it is possible and very straightforward. Contact us.
12. Is there a public database where all ISO 9001 certified companies are registered?
No, there is not a public database of all certified companies and any database offered by an organism it is a private initiative without ISO official recognition.
You still have questions? Contact us.