Product homologations FAQs
1. Is homologation mandatory in Argentina?
All products that connect to the public switched communications network or that emits radio frequency require ENACOM approval and registration before they can be imported/commercialized in Argentina.
2. Which is the standardization organism for telecom equipment in Argentina?
The standardization organism for telecom equipment in Argentina is the Ente Nacional de Comunicaciones (ENACOM). The name was changed from Autoridad Federal de Tecnologías de la Información y las Comunicaciones (AFTIC), which was also changed from Comisión Nacional de Comunicaciones (CNC).
3. Do we have to test locally?
A sample testing is required in most of the cases. Contact us to check your specific case.
4. Is it necessary to have local representation?
Yes. The requester should be a company registered in Argentina. If you do not have local representation, contact us, we can help you.
5. Are there labeling requisites for commercializing / importing products in Argentina?
The product's label should display the product's brand, model, serial number and ENACOM homologation number.
6. Can we include similar products in the same homologation certificate?
No. The homologation request can only include a specific product, defined by its brand and model.
7. Is it necessary to perform a factory inspection?
No, factory inspections are not necessary.
8. How long will my ENACOM certificate last?
The certificate will be valid for 3 years.
9. Is there a public database, to know if a product is homologated by ENACOM?
Yes, there is a public register of all products that have been homologated. You can check the ENACOM register here.
10. I would like to homologate my products in other Latin American countries (Brasil, Chile, Uruguay, etc), can you help me?
Yes, we can help you. Contact us.
You still have questions? Contact us.